You need these in your life. I love chicken tenders. I don't know why, I always have. If I'm going to eat something I know I shouldn't be eating, it's chicken tenders hands down.
Of course I'm going to find a tasty way to eat them!
These are SO easy! I want to say that they kind of remind me of "shake & bake" chicken, but considering I have no recollection of what that tastes like I can't say for sure.
Paleo Shake & Bake Tenders (21DSD Friendly)
Makes: ~10 tenders
Prep: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
What you need-
- ~1 pound raw chicken tenders (you can cut up breasts yourself or be lazy like me and buy them pre-sliced)
- 1.5 Cups Almond Flour/Meal (I highly recommend Now Foods Raw Almond Flour because its heartier than some of the others out there, this makes for a better tender)
- 3 eggs
- Seasonings, seasonings, seasonings
- I used ~1Tb sea salt, and ~1-2 teaspoons of each of the following: pepper, cayenne, paprika, garlic granules
- Place aluminium foil over a cookie sheet. Set your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place almond flour in a large bowl and mix in seasonings. Im heavy with the cayenne in this because I love them a little spicy.
3. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl to dip your chicken.
4. One by one dip each piece of chicken in the eggs and then the almond flour mixture. Place them on the cookie sheet equal distance apart.
5. Bake for ~25 minutes (at 375F) or until chicken is cooked!
6. Throw some veggies on a plate (because whats a meal without veggies) and a dipping sauce of your choice. Enjoy!
These store okay in the fridge, but are best immediately after cooking. They never last long in my house, my husband is already finishing up the batch I made today.
Let me know what you think!