Nutrient Power House!
Gelatin from grass-fed/pastured animals is SO good for you! Definitely something I consider a superfood, healthy for your digestive system, rich in protein and great for your joints!
I make these to snack on, just a few a day will do the trick!
1 Cup water (divided in half)
8 Tablespoons gelatin powder, ideally from grass fed cows (you can check out some of my favorites in my Amazon store HERE, just click on "supplements.")
1 1/2 Cups juice (I like blueberry or grape juice)
1 1/4 Cups puréed berries (I use thawed frozen berries)
1 Tablespoon honey (or more if you have a sweet tooth, the ones I make aren't sweet) - optional
-Please make sure you read through all the steps first and have your ingredients ready. This recipe works best when you move quickly! Have your fruit pureed and everything measured prior to starting!
1. Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil. Place other 1/2 cup water in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add gelatin slowly to the "room tempertute" water, mix well until it is like a paste. You will have to do this quickly.
3. Add the boiling water and keep mixing!
4. This will form a paste like substance. If you're using sweetener, you can add it now.
5. Add the fruit juice and the fruit puree and stir again. I use a whisk or large fork and it seems to work well. You want to make sure that there aren't any "gelatin clumps."
6. Add the gelatin mixture to your molds, or in a flat pan (you can cut into squares later). Let set in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or until solid. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.